You know when life just happens to hit you with things that you just don't expect? Things that were not on your "to do list"? As my friend Kendra posted today. I've been having that kinda day...every day...since like forever it seems...but seriously since Friday. I'm just not back on my feet yet. I cannot get organized. It's only gonna get worse, I fear, as the girls are off school starting Friday. And so my December Daily album is not updated so I cannot post that. I got off track with my daily photos I'm sorry to say. And the list goes on and on. Sigh. It's life...very unscripted. If any of you know me at all or have been reading for any length of time you know that I'm a planner and this kind of thing just does not sit well with me. You'd think after all this time I'd just go with it...but it's like rubbing a cat the wrong way....and now my fur is all going the wrong direction.
So for fun...since it's what I've been enjoying doing so much lately...this is what I did/felt like doing today.
Jen Wilson Designs The Merry Days of Christmas Fifth
Lynn Grievenson Peacock flower3, flower2
Lynn Grievenson Elizabeth flower 2
Trish Jones Distressed diva Distressed Edge
I did the words on Wordle.net. I've posted about this cool site before. This is how I got the words from the site on to my layout:
1. Go to www.wordle.net and create your word cloud by following the prompts.
2. When you are all done, click PRINT.
3. When your print menu appears, go to the drop-down menu to select the printer you want to use. Select Adobe PDF, then click PRINT.
4. When your PDF document appears name the new cloud what you wish and place it where you want in your documents. I saved this just as a PDF...but you can save it as a JPEG either way. If you save it as a PDF it will transfer over into Photoshop as a transparency. If you save it as a JPEG it will not. Just an interesting thing I discovered...by accident...don't you love it when that happens! ;D
5. Use your image-editing software (of course I use Photoshop) to open your Wordle word cloud and design away!!! ;D
And if you decide to do anything with this...show me what you come up with!!! ;D
I'm feeling a bit in the Christmas giving spirit so...let's do a giveaway! I'm going to give a $15 gift certificate to Designer Digitals! Leave a comment on this post. Tell me your favorite thing about Christmas. I'll draw a random winner on Monday! Good luck! ;D