...lists. They are neat and concise and to the point...or they can be. ;D
So I was thinking of describing my hospital experience that way. Oh and yes I know I said I wasn't going to post until next week. But I'm sitting here with nothing to do. I haven't slept in 2 days and using my computer is the only comforting thing right now. Well maybe not comforting...but it takes my mind off pain and lack of sleep. So here's my list...not my bucket list...bwahahahah! Just a warning...if this has typos in it...I haven't slept in two days. Night one...worrying about the procedure. Night two...pain from said procedure. Ugh!
1. I got all checked in just fine. But...they didn't know what my INR levels were and they wouldn't do the "surgery" unless they knew so we had to wait for my blood work. That backed things up a bit.
2. When the doc got in, there were no clots in the filter but some of the "legs" of the filter had turned up instead of facing down so he had to turn them around.
3. When he tried to pull it out it wouldn't come out. It hurt like HELL! It had adhered to the wall of my vein...as they often do if you leave them in too long.
4. He worked on me for over 3 hours. This is a procedure that "typically" takes 1/2 and hour. I was awake for all of it except one short part at the end. They sedated me at the end because it was just getting to be so much. They had to give me A LOOOOOOOOOOOT of pain meds. Yes. It sucked!
5. As you may know they go in thru my neck to get this thing out. Well. He ALSO had to go up thru my groin because he put a balloon up under it to try to dislodge it. So I had two catheters in me. Yes it was awful. I repeat. Awful.
6. I was in a ton of pain. Did I mention that? If I didn't (he he) then I am again. I still am.
7. I am alive. Yahoo! I would insert dancing but I can't exactly do that right now.
8. They had to leave the filter in there AFTER all that...and it will stay in me for life. The surgeon is not going to try to get it out a second time. So after all that pain and suffering...it is still in there. Peh!
9. Where do I go from here? If my genetic tests come back negative then hopefully I'll get off coumadin in a few more months. Leaving the filter in has some risks but trying to get it out has more risks I guess...so it stays. Hopefully this will all soon be but a happy memory. 🙁
10. Maybe I'll sleep tonight. Maybe I won't. But if I don't get some sleep soon heads will roll! If you ask Corey...they already are!
I think that's all I want to share. Or all that I should. Given my lack of sleep.
Since I don't usually like to post without photos...here are a couple from the beach the other day. ;D