All is Quiet…Maybe too Quiet

So they are to school.  And the house is quiet...maybe a little too quiet.  We all got up super early so to have plenty of time to have a good breakfast and take photos and get there early.  Laney was pumped.  She just kept saying, "I can't believe it's today!"

Corey suggested I take Laney in the Jeep so she could ride in the front with me and I could be with her and talk with her the whole way.  He was so made the whole morning!  We talked and she kept saying she was nervous...then she wasn't...then she was...and I kept telling her how she was so ready for this!  And if she had any questions just ask her teacher and before she knew it I would be there to pick her up again!  We held hands the whole way.

We got to school and found Corey and Ava and we all walked in together and then Ava found one of her best friends and the older kids were gathering in the gym so she went on her merry way never looking back.  We took Laney to her classroom and got her settled.  She found her cubbie.  That was a very important thing!!!

This teacher let the parents stay for awhile and help the kids out...take lots of photos, etc.  Ava had a different teacher for Kindergarten and she was more of the "ok...time to cut the cord" type of teacher.  I love her, don't get me wrong but it was just very different!  After about 10 minutes I knew it was time to leave so I gave Laney a big hug and told her I'd see her in a few hours.  I left with Corey and I was fine.  I really tears!  And then at the front doors I saw a little boy being held by one of the teachers bawling his head off looking like if she let him go he would just flee out the doors.  He was crying for his Mom.  I knew the teacher and she motioned to me that the Mom had to just leave him with her.  My heart broke into a million pieces and the tears started to form.  I ran outta there as fast as I could!!!!  I was bawling all the way to the car.  Corey wasn't sure what to do with me.  When we got to the car I just said, "PLEASE tell me they will both be alright!"  And he hugged me and told me they would both do great.  I cried in the car.  And I was sad when I came in the house and it was quiet.  It's quiet now.  And I'm crying again as I'm writing this.  Oh well.  Guess I'll go get a box of tissues.  I'm sure I'll get used to the quiet.  And my girls will do just fine...think I'll turn on the tv...just to have some background noise.  And when the girls come home and they start to fight...I'll crave the quiet again!

1 Response

  1. Jeni
    Hey woman, how are you today? Did they have fun yesterday? Oh, how I could relate! Will try to call in a day or two, I've been a cry-baby too much lately. Enjoy being with yourself, I'm wishing I could hang with you!!